Welcome To Mark Roden Art

Introduction

Hi – my name is Mark and I really appreciate you taking the time to visit my website.

I am an entirely self-taught figurative artist who specialises in producing professional quality photo realistic pencil portraits. My portraits are created freehand using Derwent graphite artist pencils in the soft spectrum from 9B to HB on fine quality, acid free, heavy-duty smooth white cartridge paper. Once completed the drawing is sprayed with a clear, colourless fixative to protect it from smudging. I have been creating affordable, original works of art for over 45 years now and always try to obtain an excellent likeness of each subject which also captures their individual personality.

I can create a personalised unique gift for you that will be treasured for many years to come. It could be a picture of your partner, children, relatives, friends, work colleagues, favourite celebrity or pet – the list is endless and all I need is a good clear, preferably high resolution, photograph to work from.

Each portrait takes many hours to complete, whatever the size, and I derive the greatest pleasure from delivering something truly hand made and special to the person who originally requested it.

Please take a look at some examples of my drawings in the portfolio section of the site and if you like what you see, simply send me some details of what your requirements are on my Contact Form and I would be delighted to discuss them further.

Price

The prices shown in the table below are for head and shoulders fine art black and white portraits on heavy duty smooth cartridge paper using graphite pencils with a plain white background.

The price excludes mounts, frames and postage/packing. Artwork is posted by the Royal Mail next day delivery guaranteed service in the UK.

If you require a full body fine art pencil portrait there is an additional charge depending on the size of paper chosen. The additional charge is £20 for size A4 (210mm x 297mm), £30 for size A3 (297mm x 420mm) and £40 for size A2 (420mm x 594mm).

If you require a specific background to the portrait, or the inclusion of inanimate objects, please indicate this on the Contact Form and we can agree a price accordingly.

In order to commission a portrait please complete my Contact Form and I will be in touch to discuss your exact requirements.

Please note that an initial non-refundable deposit of 20% is required. The remaining 80% is to be paid on completion of the pencil portrait.


Price List

 

Size A4

Enquire
  • 1 Subject £80 (deposit £16)
  • 2 Subjects £110 (deposit £22)
  • 3 Subjects £140 (deposit £28)

Size A3

Enquire
  • 1 Subject £120 (deposit £24)
  • 2 Subjects £150 (deposit £30)
  • 3 Subjects £180 (deposit £36)

Size A2

Enquire
  • 1 Subject £180 (deposit £36)
  • 2 Subjects £210 (deposit £42)
  • 3 Subjects £240 (deposit £48)